How you can celebrate our 10th anniversary
It’s been 10 years since the path was officially launched (5th May)
The best way to celebrate the path is to be curious and come and experience it for yourself.
You can find a wealth of information to help you plan your visit such as itineraries, interactive map, distance tables, guidebooks and temporary diversions on the path.
Read on to find out how you can join us in celebrating our anniversary throughout 2022 - here are some useful links to get you started.
Interactive coast path map
We use the Ordnance Survey map layer 1:25 000 scale colour. Covering Wales, England and Scotland, our map shows the landscape in detail as well as a wide range of rights of way e.g footpaths, bridleways and National Trails e.g Offas Dyke Path National Trail and Glwyndwrs Way here in Wales.
Draw a line to start plotting your route from your start point to your finish point to find how far it is in both miles and kilometres. The Wales Coast Path line is the green diamond line, on or as close to the coast as possible). Go to interactive coast path map to find the nearest section of the path to you
We’ve put together a fantastic and varied range of themed itineraries along the entire 870 mile / 1,400 km path to inspire you to come and visit. With over 100 individual itineraries, here’s a taster of what we have for you:
- Family friendly (not too long with things to do along the way),
- Mindfulness walks – in lesser known sections of the path to get away from it all,
- Wow walks – where you turn round the corner and all you can say is “Wow!” at the stunning coastal scenery,
- Multi day itineraries – these are great for a long weekend of fantastic coastal walking.
Find your Wales Coast Path intinerary
Easy Access walks
We have a collection of sections of the path suitable for wheelchair users, families with buggies and people with mobility issues. Find accessible sections of the path
20 new Cadw itineraries
Our coast path to castles intineraries are perfect if you want to discover more about the castles along the path (there’s quite a few of them).
Ranging from 3 miles / 5km to 12 miles / 19kms, each itinerary gives you a great coastal walk combined with a visit to a castle (looked after by Cadw) – sounds like a great day out to us. Find a Cadw itinerary near you
We know many of you have walked some or the entire path but don’t have anything to show for it...until now. We’re excited to announce that our range of official Wales Coast Path merchandise is available to buy online from May 2022.
From useful souvenirs like mugs and keyrings to stylish hoodies and t-shirts, we’re sure there is something for everyone. Our merchandise make the perfect souvenir to commemorate your dedication to the path to proudly show off to your friends and family.
Our range also make the ideal congratulations present for when someone finished walking the entire 870 miles / 1,400 km. Shop online from our Wales Coast Path shop
New Welsh language guidebook
We’ve teamed up with the official publisher of the Wales Coast Path guide-books Northern Eye Books to create a Welsh language version of one of the guidebooks.
The Llyn Peninsula guidebook, covering Bangor to Porthmadog in North Wales is the perfect way to explore this section of the path in the national language of Wales – perfect for learners and Welsh language speakers alike.
Priced at £15.99, available to buy from all good bookshops and Book Council for Wales
Keep in Touch
Keep in touch with us in the following ways:
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter for latest news and events (Search for topic Wales Coast Path)
- Follow us on social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for path inspiration throughout the year with our hashtag #WCP10
- Join our Wales Coast Path Facebook community - an online place where you can ask your questions about how to walk the path, where to stay and share your experiences with like minded people.
- Check our Events calendar to find out what’s going on the path. We’re supporting a number of events like walking festivals and coastal events throughout 2022.
We look forwarding to celebrating our 10th anniversary with you all - see you in 2022!